Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Believe

"I believe what I believe.
It is what makes me what I am.
I did not make it.
No, it is making me.
It is the very truth of God
and not the invention of any man."
-Creed by Third Day

My hubby and I had a wonderful date tonight at a Third Day & Jars of Clay Christmas concert. It was incredible. I feel like my heart is truly ready for Christmas celebrations to begin.

I had heard the Third Day song, Creed, countless times before, but tonight that particular lyric resonated with me. "I did not make it. No, it is making me." How true!

Thank you, Lord, for loving me enough to meet me where I am...but loving me too much to leave me there. Keep making me.

11 comments:

and 2 became 5 said...

Sounds like a wonderful date night! I hope you all are enjoying this amazing season! Will you be visiting BHC anytime soon?
Davis

Perri said...

That is one of my favorite songs! Tells it like it is.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

How cool is that!? I can't remember the last time I went to a concert! And, THAT song has been such a bridge between me and my Pentecostal in-law side of the family and my Catholic family...something they can agree on so to speak...the Apostles Creed! LOL

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Thanks for your thoughts! How often Christians are tempted to expect instantaneous Sanctification at the 2nd coming (or for some right now)! It is a process and that is what our Christian walk is all about! God, re-making me, into His image!

Yes, He takes me just where I am, but DOESN'T leave me there!

Give us the courage to step out in faith where changes need to be made, but let us not forget to ask for Your help complete this work!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I've always loved that line.

Anonymous said...

I was over there yesterday during the day when all the warmups were going on - great to hear some music before the concert!

CreativeMish said...

Creed is one of my favorite bands! You are fortunate to be able to attend one of their concerts!!

CreativeMish said...

sorry! I meant Third Day! Love the song Creed :) Its been a long day!

Alice said...

Can I just jump in and say that song was written and originally recorded by the late (and unbelievably great) Rich Mullins? If you want a truly spirit-filled listen, get a copy of his CD "Liturgy/Legacy"--"Creed" is part of that... :-)

Unknown said...

I love that song. What a great date!

Rachel Brooke said...

this reminds me of the lyrics by Sara Groves in her song "Something Changed." She has a CD for parents on her website called Stationwagon. I think you would like it! It will make you cry on one song, then laugh on the next. Her website is www.saragroves.com if you want to preview the songs!