Sunday, September 16, 2007

Vacation is Finally Vacation

When we first attempted a vacation with the children 2 years ago, it involved a U-Haul attached to the back of my Yukon XL. We were literally the length of a small bus as we cruised down the interstate. That trip also involved a babysitter, sleepless nights, strollers, pack and plays, high chairs, bottles, diapers...you get the picture. I'll never forget a friend saying, "When they are little it is not vacation, it is relocation." How true!

This trip has been just the 5 of us. No U-haul. No diapers. No strollers. No floaties even! Magic. First rainbow sightings. Turtles. Shell collecting, Swimming. Sunshine. Giggles. We all 5 even had a nap this afternoon! This is a vacation.

I am on a community computer at deli, but will be back tomorrow night with a recap and pictures.

7 comments:

joan said...

Sounds wonderful! Glad you are having such a great family time.

Emmy : ) said...

I am so glad you made it! I have had you all so on my heart! You deserve an awesome vacation! : )

April said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. they are always so good. We are off in 2 weeks for a beach trip when the kids are off for fall break. They haven't been to the beach before, so I am in for a treat with 3 excited children!

Keri Ann said...

That sounds just heavenly! I'm so glad you're able to enjoy this time away together! (And it gives me hope that I'll be able to write a similar post...one day...)

Aunt Boo said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am happy to hear that.

I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love,
Aunt Boo

ColoradoDreaming said...

That is so cool! I understand that freedom that comes with not having little babies anymore but bigger kids that don't need so much stuff and can enjoy things more. Have a great time!

Heather said...

So glad that you were able to have a fun vacation! I'm excited about those to come!