Sunday, September 16, 2007

Vacation is Finally Vacation

When we first attempted a vacation with the children 2 years ago, it involved a U-Haul attached to the back of my Yukon XL. We were literally the length of a small bus as we cruised down the interstate. That trip also involved a babysitter, sleepless nights, strollers, pack and plays, high chairs, bottles, diapers...you get the picture. I'll never forget a friend saying, "When they are little it is not vacation, it is relocation." How true!

This trip has been just the 5 of us. No U-haul. No diapers. No strollers. No floaties even! Magic. First rainbow sightings. Turtles. Shell collecting, Swimming. Sunshine. Giggles. We all 5 even had a nap this afternoon! This is a vacation.

I am on a community computer at deli, but will be back tomorrow night with a recap and pictures.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! Glad you are having such a great family time.

Emmy said...

I am so glad you made it! I have had you all so on my heart! You deserve an awesome vacation! : )

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. they are always so good. We are off in 2 weeks for a beach trip when the kids are off for fall break. They haven't been to the beach before, so I am in for a treat with 3 excited children!

Keri said...

That sounds just heavenly! I'm so glad you're able to enjoy this time away together! (And it gives me hope that I'll be able to write a similar post...one day...)

Aunt Boo said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am happy to hear that.

I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love,
Aunt Boo

Terri said...

That is so cool! I understand that freedom that comes with not having little babies anymore but bigger kids that don't need so much stuff and can enjoy things more. Have a great time!

Heather said...

So glad that you were able to have a fun vacation! I'm excited about those to come!