Monday, July 02, 2007

Honoring My Husband: Week 2


While I am waiting on the potty bell to ring, I thought I'd give a quick update on the Marriage Challenge. My husband reads this blog, so he knew what I was working on this week. Even so, the greatest part of trying a little harder to honor him in our everyday life was his reaction each time I would stretch outside my normal routine and do a little something extra for him.

I was reminded how important the little things are in relationships. We are blessed with a great marriage, but I must tell you reapplying some energy to putting his needs back in the spotlight has been rewarding.

I pray I can keep it up and let these goals become habits! I don't want this to be a "kick" I am on, but a way of life. God is really honoring my obedience on this one. I truly feel the effort is being blessed.

This week's goal is to keep it up and avoid my temptation to say, 'Did you notice I..." or "Can you tell I am working hard on..."
Updated to Add: For more on this topic, see the survey Beth Moore conducted on her blog re: marriage from a man's perspective.

10 comments:

Detroit said...

I too am praying for perminent habits forming. Blessings to you as you continue to put your husband first and direct some energies to hubby time! God Bless~

Pam said...

Praying for you this week as I join you in the challenge. I liked the wrap up especially, because I am sure one to try to get him to notice my improvements along the way.

May God bless our efforts, and may we be satisfied with His pleasure alone.

Jenn said...

Thank you for sharing your goals! May God bless your marriage as you seek to honor Him~

JEnn

Alycia said...

I'm so happy that you have been renewed in your efforts to put the spotlight on your dear husband. I know God will bless your efforts :)

Have a wonderful day!

Christi said...

We have honestly been blessed with a great marriage too; and sometimes I think I take it for granted which is something I don't want to do.

Good luck with your goals this week - praying that the Lord continues to bless your marriage.

Denise said...

May God bless your efforts dear one.

Alida Sharp said...

little things are so important!

I pray that we all are "not just on a kick" for this challenge but that marriages are truly changed as a result!

May God bless your marriage and all of your efforts this week!
Alida

Nise' said...

I'm with you on praying that what I work on will become habits and not just temporary! Continued success with your goals.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I so hear you on the "kick" feeling. I really want these to become daily habits. Blessings on you and yours this week. =)

Christine said...

I'm so glad you're refocusing your efforts through this challenge! It's wonderful to have you along!