Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just call me...

A couple of weeks ago, R started calling me "Mom." Every sentence seems to start with, "Hey, Mom." This is quite comical coming out of his little 2 1/2 year old mouth. It is a constant reminder that he is becoming more boy than baby everyday.

Last week, K decided to start saying "Mama" instead of Mommy. It is appropriately sweet & Southern.

Never one to follow conventional rules, P has been experimenting with Mom, Mama, Mommy...and this morning he has found a new favorite: "Jen-ni-fer."

Here's hoping this is just a phase...

7 comments:

The Hiatt Family said...

Carver regularly leaves me notes saying "I love you, Amanda." I can promise you though that as soon as he's hurt or in need it's right back to "Mama"!

Paula said...

How sweet. Colton only says momma when he is in destressed. I agree with above. It will all come back to momma.

Erin said...

How cute that they all have different names for you!! I am a little partial to Mommy, but Joshua has begun calling me Mom from time to time. . . He also likes to call his daddy, Erik. I think he just does it because it drives me crazy!!! :-) Fun to see their little personalities emerge more and more as they grow!!

Paulette said...

oh my word this brings back memories. My son did that as well. Went from mama to Paul-ette emphasizing ette. I finally just siad you have to call me mama house rule lol. It is a phase they are exploring it is sooo adorable.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love it! When Macey was 3 she once told her daddy who was driving, "Sam! SLOW DOWN!" She called him Sam so much we finally had to ask her to stop.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!! I hope you all have a wonderful
Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

I live in Austria, and here most kids call their parents "Mama" or "Papa". There is always an exception though! There is one family that we know of that their kids call the parents by the first names - on a regular basis - to specifiy who they are actually talking to! It's very different for me!