Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful for Laughter

I must admit this week of no activities outside the home has been very trying. The sibling in-fighting and general desire to annoy the pants off each other is at an all-time high. Thankfully, there have been some great one-liners to crack me up along the way.

Yesterday, I had to take the children to the dermatologist. I thought it was going to be a quick trip, so I was completely unprepared to entertain the children for the length of time we were in the exam room waiting to be seen. There was only one chair--and there were LOTS of tempting things with lights and buttons at their eye level. Wrestling, pushing, fighting, arguing and even a full fledge tantrum were the order of the day. My nerves were absolutely shot when we left. As we were getting off the elevator, a kind woman offered the children each a bag of M&Ms (which frustrated me to no end since we were on our way to lunch and I was angry with them for misbehaving & didn't want her treats to be misconstrued as a reward for their behavior.)

As this kind, 70ish woman with white hair handed the children the candy, R gave her the once over and excitedly YELLED, "Thank you, Santa Claus!"

11 comments:

Laura said...

Haaahaaa! That was so cute!

Maybe it is the weather, mine have been so trying lately too. Hope they find lots of distractions soon!

Paula said...

Hahaha, we can count on a child to humble us!! FUNNY! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

The question is, did she understand him? Caiden said, "Excuse me Old Lady" to a woman in Wal-Mart when he was that age, but thankfully she didn't understand him. To this day there are certain people I steer clear of in public places, knowing what could come out of the boys' mouths would make me want to die a quick death!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all:)

Borbe Bunch said...

That is so funny!
Thanks for sharing this funny story. Makes us moms just smile, knowing that appointments can be so stressful and then the kiddos pull a great one liner...God brings that humor just when we need it, huh? :)
Happy THANKSGIVING!!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Parker is a true entertainer. LOL again...
You always have wonderful stories to share, Jenmom.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
I think Digging the Best out of Us as Parents would be a wonderful little present for you, your friends and families. Hope you enjoy it!
And would you please leave a comment after you see it? Thanks so much!

Love,
Adwina

Alison said...

Brilliant!!!!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Bet you she got a chuckle out of it too. Adorable, as are your kids.

Anonymous said...

Priceless-- you'll be glad you have these written down!

Anonymous said...

This is a cute story.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love that comment!!! It made me laugh so hard:) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I read it a few times and laughed after each.