Friday, August 19, 2011

The Secret

"Maybe this is the true secret to being fulfilled and content.
Living in the moment with God, defined by His truth
and with no unrealistic expectations for others or things to fill me up.
Not reaching back for what was lost in my yesterdays.
And not reaching for what I hope will be my tomorrow.
But living fully with what is right in front of me.
And truly seeing the gift of this moment."
-Lysa TerKeurst, Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl


Don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. I Corinthians 7:17a (The Message)

5 comments:

Pam said...

Amen! Such a great reminder today.

Alanna said...

Thank you for this reminder! Just what I needed!

Charlow Family said...

NEEDED this today!

storey said...

thank you.

Tal's Life said...

Realizing the exact place that I am, is the exact place that God wants me to be; and that it is God's sovereign choice to put me where I am to accomplish the purpose he has for me at this moment.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. NIV Proverbs 16:9