Monday, June 27, 2011

Smiles I Love



It is 2:21am and I am apparently jetlagged, because instead of sleeping in the bed I have missed for 9 days, I am sitting on a hard wooden chair downloading and editing pictures from our trip.

Truth be told, I know when I go to bed it puts a bow on this vacation...and I am just not ready to do that. So, instead, I will share a few of the expressions I love most from our trip...




I am so thankful for the opportunity to go and BE...away from phones, computers, schedules and the daily grind. As we experienced new things together, I watched these little people age a bit this week...



We made many memories together. We took in breathtaking views of God's creation. We met new friends. We enjoyed incredible community with like-minded believers. We experienced many firsts. We learned a lot about nature. (I will try to post more on all of our incredible wildlife sightings tomorrow.)

We practiced serving and letting it be all about other people. As Camp Doc (and crew) we tried to stay in the background as much as possible, as this was an outreach camp for teenagers. It was challenging for the kiddos at times, but what a great practice...being last in line, praying for kids that were there, creating our own entertainment when necessary. I loved that my children had an opportunity to hear the Gospel in another place, from other voices--driving home the fact that it is for EVERYone.

As evidenced by the snapshots, all five of us enjoyed our week immensely. It really was an all-around fantastic experience.

EDITED TO ADD: One more smile I especially love...

5 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love the new look of the blog!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love that your children had a weekend of putting others first! They are already developing a servant's heart...what a gift! What a precious weekend!

dee said...

It looks like they enjoyed themselves immensely! I can't wait to see and hear more about Malibu. Our son has 10 more days on workcrew at RB. He has loved it!

twiceasnice said...

Missed reading while you were gone, so I would pray for your family each day. I guess all my prayers to keep you safe and serving were heard. Love the pictures! Glad your home! My favorite was the metaphor of heaven, I think the Holy Spirit inspires you each time you write. Keep having fun this summer!

Jessika said...

I went to Malibu, BC in highschool for YLcamp. It's fun to see it through your photos all these years later. What a beautiful and inspiring place!