Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's Friday...but Sunday's Comin'

As we enter Holy Week, I wanted to share this video clip that was shown in my Sunday School class this morning.



Amidst the loving moments that take your breath away, there is much pain, sadness and disappointment in our earthly lives. If I let myself think about it too much I can start to feel sad and overwhelmed. I know Jesus died and my God will be victorious in the end and for all eternity...and yet, some days/weeks/months can feel hard, lonely and not like I thought things would be.

I pray that God in His gracious love will help me to remember during the Fridays of my life to not get stuck there. May we always remember that Sunday (glorious Sunday) is coming. What a day it will be!!!

2 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Our church played this 2 years ago before Easter, and the whole congregation just erupted with tears and applause. It's such a powerful reminder of the antidote to our pain in this life.
Nancy

Jill said...

Thank you so much for posting this video. I've heard the sermon before, but never seen a video. I'm going to show this tomorrow to my mom's bible study group. Pefect for Good Friday.
I'm so glad Sunday is coming!