Saturday, April 10, 2010

T-I-M-E

I am enjoying a long car ride with my husband to and from Augusta today. It is our annual Saturday date at the Masters. (I am blogging because he had to take a phone call before we enter the gates of Augusta National which is mercifully phone and pager free!)

In thinking about why I love this day so much it has very little to do with the golf and a whole lot to do with the pure escapism of it all.

A long drive full of uninterrupted conversation with the man I love allows us the opportunity to talk about things normal life does not allow for...proactive theoretical and strategic subjects rather than reactive discussions about problems requiring immediate response or to do lists. What an infusion of depth to our relationship, allowing us to realign ourselves and insure we are on the same team!

The point is not the destination or the activity when we get there...it is the act of making time together a priority.

2 comments:

Tonya Ingram said...

That sounds totally awesome. No phones, no pagers... just you and your honey... who cares what event you're at! lol ENJOY!

elizabeth said...

I didn't know that's what you meant by golfing! Now that's a golf outing! Now the comments about egg olive and pimento cheese sandwiches make a little more sense to me! :) What a perfect day to enjoy it too. How about some Phil today!?