Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Festivities

Today my husband and I made our annual pilgrimage to Augusta to take in a little golf at The Masters. While we enjoyed sunshine, quiet and quality adult time, our children had a whirlwind day with Grandmother and Granddaddy in Atlanta.


Egg dying, candy eating, sheep shearing, teeball practicing, history museum exploring, bug collecting, Chic-fil-A eating, Dippin' Dot enjoying, great-grandmother visitting, hamburger making and cookie baking were all on the agenda. Whew!


Absence indeed makes the heart grow fonder. As much as I enjoyed an extended date with my husband, my arms ached to hug my children when we returned. They chattered excitedly about their day until I asked them to tell me their favorite part. P said, "The caterpillars we found!" R & K agreed, "All of it."

Everyone should sleep well tonight.

No comments: