Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Morning Update

Thanks for all your sweet support. K is actually perking up a bit. She slept 13 hours and hasn't had a fever in a few hours. Progress is good! I was very worried yesterday because the pediatrician suspected mono. It now appears we have dodged that bullet. Praise!!

I have not been feeling as bad as many people who deal with gall bladder issues, primarily because my hubby deals with this stuff all the time and we caught my initial symptoms. I have actually only had one painful attack last week. I've had gall stones since pregnancy (without symptoms) and we've been waiting to see if they would ever start bothering me. Now that they have, we are going to go ahead and remove my gall bladder as an outpatient procedure at a scheduled time, rather than wait for a severe attack that could result in more emergent surgery and something more serious like pancreatitis.

I am certainly not thrilled about surgery, but in the grand scheme of things it is a blessing to catch it early. And compared to what so many others are facing it is truly not a major thing--just an inconvenience--and I'll be glad to feel free to eat without fear of another attack.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

7 comments:

lucinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lucinda said...

Sorry, I deleted my 1st
comment b/c I had a major typo, LOL. Anyway, I think our girls have had the same bug. Ava's temp has been hovering around 102 since Sunday night and she has had no other obvious symptoms. I had planned to take her into see her Ped. today, but after a morning nap, she's up playing and her temp is back to normal, so I think we are going to wait to see if the fever comes back before we go in. Hopefully it's short-lived and not contagious to boys, LOL.

Jennifer said...

Poor sweet K. I hope she is feeling better really soon. Good luck with your gall bladder surgery. If I can help in any way, will be glad to. I miss K, P & R.

:-)

The one girl said...

Sounds like I may have the same thing your daughter does - negative strep and mono tests, but I feel miserable. I've also had pancreatitis (TWICE) and ultimately my gall bladder removed. You're right - you don't want to mess with that! The pain was far worse than childbirth. I will be praying for good health for your family and for a simple surgery and speedy recovery.

Sitesx6 said...

I dealt with gallbladder issues two years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night in SEVERE pain. I went to the ER three times in a week, they couldn't figure out what was going on. The final time I was hospitalized for 5 days. They finally figured it out and I had my gallbladder removed, no problems since. YAY!!!

The surgery wasn't bad. The gallbladder pain WAS!!!!! I hated feeling like a ticking time bomb, never knowing when the pain would arrive.

Praying everything goes well for you. :)

Michelle T said...

I hope your surgery goes well. My husband had his gallbladder about 2 years ago and it went well. Hope K is feeling better soon. I will say a little prayer for both of you!

Jobie said...

I've been gall bladderless since 2002. It wasn't as bad of a suergery as I thought - and less than 3 weeks later I went to NYC and spent a week. I still have issues with food from time to time, but I have always had issues with certain foods so that's not a big deal to me. Hopefully you will feel much better once the pesky thing is gone!