Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Ride

This morning my extended family left Phenix City, AL before 7am in order to make it to my town for annual motorcycle ride benefitting the children's home. Aunt Boo & Uncle Tim participated in the 80 mile ride on Uncle Tim's new bike.
After the ride, we enjoyed lunch at a picturesque campground before making the trek back home. (From L-R, my Mom, sister, brother-in-law and Dad.)The most humorous moment of the day came at the hands of my 11 year old niece, who does not have younger siblings. She was sitting between my two boys in the backseat, who were in rare, wild, hyper form thanks to a few powdered doughnuts each. They were not acting ugly--just being loud and silly. Suddenly, in the rearview mirror, I noticed Sydney had her head down and was crying.

"Oh Sydney, what is wrong, babe?"

"They are just so noisy and won't calm down. I can't take anymore!"

Oh, how I know that feeling, sweet girl. It has reduced me to tears before as well. We calmed the boys down and Syd bounced right back, but I can't wait to remind her of this story when she is a mother of preschoolers.

5 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

That is really funny. And a little sad.

You'll have to remind her of this episode when she's starting oer own family someday.

jessica said...

that is so funny!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh sweet girl, there will be more tears!

By the way, in response to your previous post: I love how intentional you mother! And I love how your children are individuals and are not afraid to choose the path less traveled....even if it means the other two are doing something totally different. How often do we try to follow the crowd, just because it is the popular thing to do!?!

I am FINALLY a BLOGGER now. Take a look!

Just me said...

Absolutely hilarious.

Anonymous said...

How true true true!