Thursday, April 03, 2008

Opening Day

My R absolutely LOVES baseball. When he woke from an afternoon nap today and I told him we had tickets to a real baseball game he could hardly stand it. To watch him sit in awe as he studied the players was really special, especially considering 3 year old boys aren't noted for their ability to sit still and pay attention to anything for more than 2.2 seconds.To see the man that I love sit with him and explain things like foul balls, strikes and outs was a moment I'll not soon forget.

As for the other two, baseball was not really their thing...but the hotdogs, cookies and the mascots were right up their alley! (Those other cuties belong to Joni.)

5 comments:

Mom of Eleven said...

What fun is that!!! How cute. My kids have been counting down the days to opening season due to the fact that they drive by twice a day. Glad it was a fun time!

Trudy said...

What a special day. I love how you have documented it for him to see one day. You can see the love in his Daddy.

Michelle said...

My oldest son LOVES baseball! He has been playing little league since he was 5. (He's 12 now) The places we have lived before never had any sort of baseball team that we could go watch, now that we live in the Philadelphia area we have The Phillies! I will never forget the first time we went to a "real" game. He was so excited it made me cry!

keri said...

i love that first photo...you can see the awe and wonder in his eyes! so cute.

Mandy said...

Little boys and baseball just go together. We are having fun playing for the first time this year. I always enjoy reading what you guys are doing. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com