Saturday, July 07, 2007

Dine, Dump 'n Dash

As of 6pm this evening we had not experienced any wake-time accidents. We had already made a 2 hour outing for breakfast and grocery shopping with no problems, so I assumed a quick run for dinner would be a breeze.

Two of my little people used the potty for #2 today without incident. I have been very closely monitoring the hold-out. During dinner, K declared she needed to potty. I told her to wait just a second (I am such a beginner) while I grabbed my "supplies" (portable potty seat, Purell and wipes) from the car. We were seated close to the exit and my car was directly outside.

When I stepped back inside (literally 15 seconds later) Daddy was dashing for the restroom with K & my Hold-Out Boy. I chased them to the restroom wondering why they couldn't wait 10 more seconds. Again, I am SUCH a naive beginner! As I handed the supplies off into the restroom, Daddy told me Hold-Out had gotten down from his seat and assumed "the squat." Therefore, the dash seemed necessary.

As I was walking back to our table to sit with the remaining child, I saw something strange in the middle of the floor a few paces from our table. NO Way. Surely, that is NOT what I think it is. Oh, God, please have mercy. It IS poop...and it is large. Has anyone noticed? What am I going to do? DISGUSTING!

Mortified, I stepped over it and grabbed for something from our table that could be used to scoop up the excrement before any of the other restaurant patrons noticed my son's stinky calling card. As far as I could tell, my secret mission was successful. I am stealth, I tell you.

As soon as the mess had been scooped and disposed of Daddy returned to the table, oblivious to the game of poop and seek. "He really acted like he needed to go, but, I got him in there and he didn't do anything."

I'll bet he didn't.

Needless to say, we exited the establishment fairly quickly. Dine, dump and dash is our new motto.

Never a dull moment around here.