Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sweet Little Hearts

Every Tuesday, the children stay in the church nursery while I attend a Bible Study from 9:15-11:15. After Bible Study we always go to a little burrito restaurant for lunch. As I started the blessing today, K said, "No, Momma, I do it." Of course, I allowed her to and it was precious to hear her little voice saying "God, our fod-der..." When she finished, I lavished her with praise. This meant that R demanded that he needed to have a turn doing the blessing. I bowed my head again and listened to his sweet voice sing"...we tank you for our food..." Again, I laid on the praise. Predictably, K asserted that she needed to do it again. I did not want to nip sweet prayer in the bud, so I bowed my head once more, but did not close my eyes. This apparently did not suit my little lady.
"Momma!" K snapped. "You need-a close yo' eyes!"

Later in the thrice blessed meal, R, who was sharing a bench in the booth with me, said, "Mommy, I need to MMM-MMM you." I was perplexed. Then he threw his arms around me, put his head firmly on my chest, squeezed and said, "MMM-MMM! I wuv you."

Music to this Mommy's heart!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better!

Just the other day my 3-yr-old boy said to me, as we were snuggling: "Mommy, you and me like you and me."

You bet we do Buddy.

Chris

Stacey said...

Awww, how cute is that??

Deidre said...

There is truly nothing sweeter than hearing our children speak our Savior's name for the first time or pray. It melts my heart.

Kim said...

What beautiful words coming from children's hearts....Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

A a beautiful and tender heart. I love kisses and hugs out of the blue.

I can't wait until Colton is talking and saying sweet little prayers. Oh precious is the sound.

Erin said...

Oh, my, how sweet!! That is MMM-MMM good if you ask me!! I love it!