This is a post about yet another thing I didn't think I would do as a parent until I was in the situation. (I know there will be more.. :)Two years ago we went to the Opening Night of Pee Wee football---a HUGE event in our town-- and I shook my head at the thought of putting one of my precious children out on a football field, ESPECIALLY at the tender age of seven.
Then I had a seven year old son who developed a passion for sports. After watching him study the game during football season, play endless match ups on the Wii, take on 10-11 year old boys on the lawn outside the pool, and literally go bonkers over the mention of a school team that he is old enough to play for...well, now I cannot imagine NOT letting my boy play this Fall.
So, we signed him up to attend football camp this week. Sunday my husband took him to purchase a peewee sized ball and to try on pads.
He is a little guy. He will undoubtably look like a bobble head when he dons pads and a helmet. His water bottle is almost the size of his torso...
but he has a big boy swagger and he has a champion-sized heart.This is going to be fun.
There is just something about BOYS and FOOTBALL!
ReplyDeleteI hope your little guys had an AWESOME week at camp! I'm sure he will enjoy every minute!!
i love this! i come from a non-hunting family and i married a hunter. never did i dream my five year old would own a bb gun OR spend hours at a time shooting a target with his bow. he's passionate to say the least. aren't they fun?
ReplyDeleteI always said the same thing. I have a 6.5 year old and he is on the small size too. We are going to gently push toward sports where size doesn't matter as much: soccer, baseball, swimming, etc. But, since he wanted it so much(and we live in Texas where football is everywhere), we signed him up for flag football in january. he loved it. I think sometimes you have to let them follow their own hearts - even if we think we know better. =)
ReplyDeleteOh he looks so adorable:))
ReplyDeleteOHHH So cute and Good Luck to you both.
ReplyDeletelove it! man, i miss having to look for lost loveys :) hey, are they going to have any sports/activities going on to watch at any point while i'm in the states???
ReplyDelete