Yesterday afternoon we packed up the family and made a run for the (state) border to squeeze in a quick trip to the beach for Fall Break. After 8 hours in the car with three 6 year olds I have this observation: They are loud, silly and hysterical.
We didn't go to the beach all Summer, so our trio was thrilled! After we came in today K remarked, "I had really been missing that feeling of the sand between my toes, Mama."


We spent the afternoon exploring the sights inland. As I was flipping through pictures tonight I laughed out loud when I saw this one. I present to you a behind the scenes documentary on exhausted Scotts.

Right after this one was a fairly cute version with everyone happy and smiling...but, seriously, I would have felt like a complete fake posting it after I had seen this one. I am literally pulling R closer by the shirt tail--never taking my fake smile focus off the camera. And P has had it! YIKES.
Just keepin' it real, ya'll!
We really are having a great time. Great weather, good food, gorgeous surroundings and the people I love!
Enjoy that sand between your toes!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you keep it real! We have been in Orange beach since Sunday and are leaving Saturday to go home. Loving that sand between our toes too!!!
ReplyDelete