R is such an Alpha male--so strong and self-assured--that when I get moments of vulnerability from him they are especially tender.
A few times over the last 2 weeks he has awakened after less than an hour of sleep, upset by 'bad dweams.' He'll come to the top of the stairs and in his deep voice call, "Momb. I need you to come pway to God for da bad dweams to go away."
I have tried to encourage him that he can pray without me there, but he always replies, "I like it when you pway wiff me."
A couple of nights ago as we were going through this routine I finished praying then kissed him on the head.
"I am gonna wait a little before I go back to sleep," he told me, "Cause sometimebs it takes God a few minutes to do what we pway for, right Mom?"
Sometimebs it does, son.
Oh yeh, sometimebs it truly does.
ReplyDeleteI love what they say!!! It is TRUTH in it's purest form!
How absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteYour children are so sweet. I love hearing about them and what things they say! Oh and I LOVE the new pic on the right of you and the kids on the ground. How precious.
ReplyDelete-Shannon in Austin :)