Monday, April 06, 2009

Little Hearts

This afternoon the school called to tell me that P was not feeling well. When I got to the school I heard him before I saw him. He was entertaining the front office with his chatter. He looked fine to me (and the school administrator agreed.) Even P told me he felt fine.

Since all he would miss was nap time, I decided to take him with me. We went to the grocery store, did a little laundry and returned to get his siblings. As we pulled into the school he broke a moment of silence by saying, "Mama, I think you are wonderful."

Melt my stinkin' HEART!

Lord, I am praying already for Your choices in mates for my children. I am already beginning to grasp how very difficult it will be to trust someone else with these precious hearts. How can I trust that they treat them with tenderness, kindness, honor, respect?

Then I remember. It is not as much that I must trust another broken human, as it is that I must trust YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Amen!! Oh it's so hard to think of another person being number one in my little boys life....but yes we GET to trust God to pick the very best for our children! What a journey we are on....birth to marriage....and so much more. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for grace to trust Him more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, P is adorable! Since I'm not a parent, I can't really comment on the other part-- maybe it gets easier in that regard as they get older? Probably not though... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate and read every one. One of my favorite parts of blogging is learning from other people's life experience.

If you have a question, make sure I have an email or can access your blogger profile to message you back. You can always email me through my blogger profile if you prefer.